Saturday, March 20, 2021

Congrats

Happy Saturday!

Today I combined the colors from Altenew's March Inspiration Challenge and the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches to create this card.

I first started with a really simple technique I saw at Channin Pelletier's youtube channel. She uses
ink and a credit card to create a background but I wanted to try this technique for the flower and leaves of my card.
When the ink was dry I stamped the outlines of the Grateful Heart set with Altenew Obsidian Black ink and die cut them with the coordinating dies.

Next I stamped the background of the card with the Dotted Diamonds stamp from Altenew. I made a diagonal mask and first stamped the background with Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide ink and then I changed the mask and stamped the same stamp with Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide ink.

Then I made a square border and adhered it with foam tape to create some dimension. I also adhered the flower and leaves with foam tape.

Finally I stamped the sentiment from the Label Love set with Altenew Obsidian Black ink and adhered this with foam tape.

Altenew - Grateful Heart

Altenew - Grateful Heart

Altenew - Grateful Heart


I want to share my card at:

- Freshly Made Sketches #477


- Altenew March 2021 Inspiration Challenge



Supplies
- Altenew - Grateful Heart
- Altenew - Dotted Diamonds
- Altenew - Label Love
- Distress Oxide ink:
          - Worn Lipstick
          - Chipped Sapphire
          - Twisted Citron
          - Mowed Lawn
- Altenew Obsidian black pigment ink
- Foam tape

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what that technique is with the ink and the credit card :) but I love how it looks with the flowers and leaves! And I love how you created a diagonal background using some different color inks. What a fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete