Friday, March 16, 2018

Masculin triangle card

Today I wanted to create a masculin card since it's almost my brother in law's birthday.

I started with stamping the Abstract Triangles background from SSS with Versamark and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.

Then I blended Cracked Pistachio, Salty Ocean and Faded Jeans with a blending foam. These colors are all Distress Oxide inks and they blend very easy.

For the card base I used cardstock that was colored with Frayed Burlap (also Distress Oxide ink), because that color mathes with the gold of the triangles. You could also use craft cardstock but I didn't have that.


Since the triangles in the background were creating lines I thought it would be nice to cut the cardstock into some pieces. I cut the card into 4 pieces, parallel with the lines in the background and I adhered them onto the card base.

For the sentiment I used a stitched square die and did some blending with Salty Ocean and Cracked Pistachio. I wanted a big sentiment, since it's a masculin card so I used the Big Birthday Wishes stamp set from SSS and stamped it with Versafine Black ink.

Finally I adhered the sentiment with foam tape onto the card base to give it some dimension.



Supplies:
- SSS - Abstract Triangles

- SSS - Big Birthday Wishes
- Versamark

- Gold embossing powder
- Versafine onyx black
- Stitched square die
- Distress oxide ink: 
          - Cracked Pistachio
          - Salty Ocean

          - Faded Jeans
          - Frayed Burlap
- Foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment