Friday, August 17, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches #350

When I saw the Freshly Made Sketches challenge of this week, I immediately knew I had to use the Christmas ball stamp from Scrapbook Atelier. I think it's a very elegant bauble.
So here's my first Christmas card of the year :)


http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/2018/08/freshly-made-sketches-350-sketch-by.html


Christmas card with rose gold embossing powder

First I stamped the Christmas ball on a piece of black cardstock with Versamark and heat embossed it with rose gold embossing powder from Lawn Fawn. Then I die cut this Christmas ball with a circle die.

Next I stamped the sentiment from Marianne Design also with Versamark and used the same embossing powder to heat set it.

Since I used a strip of vellum on the card I decided to mat the sentiment also with a piece of vellum and adhered it with foam tape.

I thought there was something missing on the card so I cut out a small border of about 5mm with my Silhouette Cameo and used the rose gold embossing powder again to heat set it.

Finally I made a bow with some ribbon and added this on top of the Christmas ball. 

Christmas card with rose gold embossing powder

Christmas card with rose gold embossing powder

Supplies
- HP29a - Christmas ball
- Circle die CLNestXXL49
- MD - Christmas sentiments
- Versamark
- Lawn Fawn rose gold embossing powder
- Vellum
- Ribbon
- Foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Very elegant! Beautiful holiday card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete