Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Guest Designer at The Male Room #108

I'm so happy to be the guest designer of The Male Room spring challenge this week!

https://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2019/04/challenge-108-spring.html

It was a bit of a challenge because I didn't have an idea for a male spring card.

I searched my stash but couldn't find any spring stamp suitable for men. I do have some spring flower stamps but I couldn't use that for a man. So I used a birdhouse svg file from Getsilvered (with some small changes) and stamped the Winnie & Walter wooden background on top of it. The little bird is from Wplus9.

Happy spring card

Happy spring card

Happy spring card
 
For the background of my card I was inspired by a video from Jennifer McGuire where I saw her using the Leafy Frame stencil from SSS. I used Cracked Pistachio and Evergreen Bough distress oxide ink.

The sentiment is actually a combination of 2 svg files from Miss Kate Cuttables. I made 2 layers to give it some dimension and used foam squares to adhere the birdhouse.

I hope you are inspired to play along!

 
Supplies
- SSS - Leafy Frame stencil
- Distress oxide ink: Cracked Pistachio and Evergreen Bough
- Winnie & Walter - Mini Scenery Multi Grain
- Altenew ink: Industrial Diamond and Pure Praphite
- Miss Kate Cuttables Happy word
- Miss Kate Cuttables Spring word
- Birdhouse svg file from Getsilvered
- Memento Tuxedo black ink
- Wplus9 - Hello & Thanks
- Foam squares

No comments:

Post a Comment