Saturday, May 9, 2020

Floral Art birthday card

Happy Saturday!

Today I made a card based in the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #434 and the colors from Color Throwdown #592.

Altenew Floral Art

Altenew Floral Art

Altenew Floral Art

I first did some watercolor smooshing on a piece of watercolor paper and then stamped the outline of the big flower from Altenew with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. I used the coordinating die to cut it out.

Next I stamped the leaves with Silver Stone Altenew ink.
I adhered the flower to the card base with foam squares to give it some dimension and also heat embossed the sentiment with gold embossing powder.





I want to share my card at:

- Color Throwdown #592


https://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com/2020/05/color-throwdown-592.html

- Freshly Made Sketches #434


https://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/2020/05/freshly-made-sketched-434-sketch-by.html





Supplies
- Altenew - Floral Art
- Hero Arts - It's Your Day
- Altenew ink: 
          - Ocean Waves
          - Starlight
          - Silver Stone
- Versamark
- Gold embossing powder
- Foam squares

4 comments:

  1. Your watercolor smooshing is fabulous! Beautiful flower! Lovely card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty - the stamped image looks amazing with the smooshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the coloring on these flowers -- smooshing never looked so lovely! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the smooshed coloring.

    ReplyDelete