Monday, February 3, 2020

AAA Birthday Challenge #10 - Cute

Welcome to challenge #10 from AAA Birthday! This month the theme is to create a cute card.

As our Guest Designer, we have Rachelle. I encourage you to check out her blog and leave her some crafty love!

I hope you'll join us! Please visit AAA Birthday for the details on how to play along and to view the gorgeous cards created by my fab teamies.




This is the card I created for this challenge.
I sometimes struggle making cute and adorable cards so this challenge was the perfect opportunity to step out of my comfort zone and stretch my skills.


Gerda Steiner Designs - Llama Tell You

A few months ago, I think it was on Black Friday, I bought this cute Llama Tell You stamp set from Gerda Steiner Designs. It reminded me of the time when we had some alpacas and a llama in our backyard a few years ago.
Here are a few pictures of them:


llama

alpaca

alpaca

Unfortunately we had to sell them because my youngest sister and here husband were going to build a house next to us and there wasn't enough space for them anymore.

So for my card I first made a rectangle mask and did some ink blending with Antique Linen and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink.

Next I stamped the cacti and the llama with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored them with Copic Markers and cut them out by hand.

Finally I adhered them to the card base and stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black ink.


Gerda Steiner Designs - Llama Tell You

Gerda Steiner Designs - Llama Tell You





I also want to share my card at:

- Seize The Birthday #182 - Creatures Great and Small

- SSS Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes




Supplies
- Gerda Steiner Designs - Llama Tell You
- Memento Tuxedo Black
- CZ Design - Birthday Palooza
- Versafine Onyx Black
- Distress Oxide ink:
          - Antique Linen
          - Tumbled Glass
- Copic Markers: YG03, YG17, YG67, G21, YG63, G94, E11, E33, E35, E57, E29, E79, RV13

2 comments:

  1. Oh that image is perfect for you then! And the expression on the llama's face is priceless. Fantastic take on our cute theme, love that it's a little bit different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic card! Absolutely love your cutie Llama!! And the Llamas in your photos too! Thank you so much for joining the Seize the Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete