Saturday, March 31, 2018

CAS(E) this Sketch #265

Today I went to a workshop at Happy Hobby where we learned some coloring techniques with Chameleon alcohol markers. I have these markers for a while but I was not satisfied with the results and therefore I didn't use them often. So I was very happy that I could go to this workshop to learn some good techniques. Now I can use these markers more in future projects :)


I still had to finish my card for CAS(E) this Sketch #265 which I started yesterday. So here is my finished card.

Birthday card

CAS(E) this Sketch 265

I started with stamping the sentiment with Versamark and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. Then I used a stitched circle die to die cut the sentiment.

On the card base I stamped the balloons from Clearly Besotted in different colors. I used both Altenew inks and Memento Dew Drops.

I searched my stash for matching washi tape but I couldn't find one in matching colors so I used a gold one. But the gold of the washi tape didn't match the gold of the sentiment. Therefore I used an extra layer of silky gold embossing powder to solve that. Eventually it is not evenly embossed but I like that look.

Birthday card

Supplies
- Clearly Besotted - Party Time Again
- SSS - Big Birthday Wishes
- Altenew ink:
          - Citrus Burst
          - Peach Perfect
          - Pink Diamond
          - Sea Breeze
          - Limestone
- Memento Dew Drops: Lulu Lavender + New Sprout
- Versamark 
- Mboss embossing powder gold
- Mboss embossing powder silky gold
- Stitched circle die
- Washi tape

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and fun! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great birthday card and a fun take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete