Monday, September 28, 2020

Missees by Karin Joan - Kim Mono

Hi all!

This newest character is a girl that serves.
While serving, she dreams about the Samurai she deserves.
A wonderful teahouse, with a lake full of kois.
A beautiful Feng Shui garden and kids with many toys.
What would this Geisha's name be?
Kim Mono is the name of this Missee.


For this Missee I used Betty, which is the base set, to cut out the head and body.
As it also cuts out the ears, I adhered them at the back with tape.

Next I stamped the eyes from Carol with Versafine Onyx Black ink. The mouth is also from Carol and is stamped with Memento Love Letter ink.

Tip: The eyes are about the same height as the ears. You can align the stamp with the face. That should be the correct place to stamp the eyes.



Then I used Betty again to cut out her clothes. I stamped some leaves from Carol with Versamark and heat set them with Gold embossing powder. I then colored the kimono with Barn Door distress oxide ink. I did the same with the hairband. The hair is from Tasha.


For the kimono I also used the curved die from Betty to create a golden edge. For the golden collar I used a Versamarker and heat embossed this with gold embossing powder.


When this Missee was finished I stamped the background from Ellen Hutson with Versafine Onyx Black ink and adhered the Missee with foam tape to create some dimension.


 

 


 


Supplies
- Missees - Betty
- Missees - Carol
- Missees - Tasha
- Versafine Onyx Black
- Love Letter Memento ink
- Versamark
- Gold embossing powder
- Barn Door Distress Oxide ink
- Ellen Hutson - Mondo Sakura
- Foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment